David Ramsey Talks Green Lantern, Suicide Squad, And Diggle's Reaction To ATOM Suit


Arrow actor David Ramsey talked to ComicBook,com recently and a few intriguing pieces of information popped up in their interview interview. Here's is just some of the things brought up:

I have to start by asking you about the Instagram photo you posted standing next to Deadshot, and the Suicide Squad. On the post you wrote, “Coming.” I thought Diggle was never going to work with the Suicide Squad again?

Diggle’s a liar. No, I’m kidding!

There’s no secret that philosophically he doesn’t agree with Amanda Waller and her brand of justice with the Suicide Squad and by relation his own wife is a high ranking official at ARGUS, as well and to some great degree, moves along with the way Amanda runs ARGUS and agrees with many of the tactics. Specifically the way there are bombs in the backs of criminals heads and detonating them when they don’t do your bidding. So, that’s one of many things he doesn’t quite see eye to eye with Amanda or his wife.

But, for a certain chain of events, in an episode coming up, he does end up working with Amanda and the Suicide Squad, Task Force X, on another noble mission. That’s the thing. Even, the first time he teamed up, it was a noble mission. It’s the way [Amanda] handles things when people aren’t cooperating that he doesn’t agree with. The mission itself is noble. I think that’s kind of Diggle’s M.O. He’s about doing the right thing with the right mission, so he kind of overlooks some of the things that Amanda does in an effort achieve a higher goal. There’s a bigger picture.

And he’s on a mission with his wife, so there’s that drama and that dynamic.

So, you’re right. He did say “wasn’t gonna do it again,” but through fantastic story telling, he is going to do it again.

Have you seen the new A.T.O.M. suit?

Yeah, I did see it before it got released. It’s just awesome! Awesome. Awesome!

That’s pretty much the unanimous reaction, everybody loves it. Has Diggle seen it?

Diggle has not seen it.

What do you think his reaction will be?

He’ll probably have the same reaction he did to Flash, but he will. The whole team will see it.

It’s exciting because we’re only in Season 3. You’ve got A.T.O.M., Flash, Canary, Black Canary, Speedy, all these great characters and it’s just Season 3. Could the Lantern happen? Could the Green Lantern come about? I mean, it’s only season 3, anything can happen.

Theres been a lot of talk recently on whether or not Diggle needs a mask. Some have gone as far to say they’d want you to be the Green Lantern, John Stewart. What are your thoughts on that? Does Diggle need a mask? Would you want to become the Green Lantern?

Diggle can be a husband, a father, and a hero. He didn’t go through some type of tragic event. He’s a guy who grew up in the Glades, which is the hood, he did four tours, and he joined the special forces. This is a guy that I can be, that you can be, that any of the viewers can be, unlike the others who went through some tragic event and compelled them to become these characters. Diggle did through simple sheer force of will. That’s survival with regular folks. I think that’s part of the power this character has. When you cover it with a mask, he becomes something. That’s why in general we’ve been struggling with, “How do we give Diggle a mask of any sort?” Obviously, he’s out in the open, he has a wife and a child to protect, there’s a fair question about how we protect that identity and still keep him out in the field. That’s a very fair question and we’re working on it.

Now, John Stewart… Is John Diggle John Stewart? I cannot say “yes,” and cannot say, “no.”

Oh, come on!

I’m serious! I do know that there is serious discussion about whether or not this guy becomes John Stewart. But, I mean, I’ll say this: it is top secret. David Ramsey has asked them, and they’re like, “we’re working on some stuff.” If that’s the case, it’s gonna be huge. This is the stuff they want to avoid. I think they don’t want anybody to know yet and they haven’t even told me. They have told me that they are thinking about it and they are considering it. Greg Berlanti told me that. Andrew and Marc have told me that. I haven’t spoken to Geoff Johns about it, yet. But that’s the word from people directly involved in Arrow- that they’re working on something.


Here’s the truth of it: if I knew, I would tell you I knew and I’m not at liberty to tell you that. I probably wouldn’t tell you anyway! I would at least tell you that I know. But I honestly do not know.

ComicBook.com asked even more stuff so click here for more!

Source: ComicBook.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIGH-RES GALLERY: 'Wonder Woman' Stills & Posters

Jason Momoa's 'Canvas Of My Life' Documentary Released; Includes 'Justice League' Moments

'Marvel's The Punisher' Adds Five More To Its Cast

Jason Momoa Training Jiu-jitsu For 'Aquaman'; Actor To Do Additional 'Justice League' Work

Jason Momoa Training Martial Arts And Sword Wielding For 'Aquaman'