Mark Ruffalo Talks CIVIL WAR, SPIDER-MAN, And Solo HULK Movie Troubles


It took three tries to get the right actor for Hulk, but Marvel finally found him by casting Mark Ruffalo for The Avengers. The character has lost none of his popularity in Avengers: Age of Ultron, so why isn’t he getting his own solo feature?

Ruffalo will be sticking around as Bruce Banner in the Marvel Cinematic Universe for another four or five films, possibly even popping up in 2016's Captain America: Civil War to team-up with Spider-Man. However, the bad news is that if you were hoping to see the fan-favorite Hulk get his own solo adventure, chances are that won't be happening anytime soon as he revealed that Universal Studios still own the movie rights to a solo outing for the green goliath.




Collider: How many pictures do you have left on your Marvel contract?

MARK RUFFALO: I think it’s four now, but that could always go further. That could include different—I could show up in another character’s movie; I could do Avengers 3 and 4; I could do a Hulk standalone; I could do a combination of those things. That’s four or five, I think.

Collider: They are getting ready to do Civil War and Spider-Man is going to be a part of Civil War.

RUFFALO: Yeah.

Collider: I don't think you're a part of it, are you pissed off that you're not going to be able to work with Spidey until Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 or are you like 'Kevin, I can be in Civil War, there's no reason why Banner can't show up' or are you in it?

RUFFALO: I don’t know if I’m in it yet. I don’t know. Sometimes these things happen at the last minute in this world. I really don’t know where I fit in from here on out, and I’m not sure they do. As far as a Hulk movie, a standalone Hulk movie, Marvel doesn’t really have the rights to that yet. That’s still Universal’s property, so there’s that issue.

Collider: Is that for sure? Like did someone tell you that?

RUFFALO: Yeah, yeah. That’s a big impediment to moving forward with that. Now I don’t think that’s insurmountable, by the way, but I don’t know where it’s going from here for me.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron will be in theaters May 1, 2015; Ant-Man on July 17, 2015; Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016; Doctor Strange – November 4, 2016; Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017; Spider-Man reboot – July 28, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018; Black Panther - July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel – November 2, 2018; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 3, 2019; Inhumans – July 12, 2019.

Source: Collider

Popular posts from this blog

Ezra Miller Talks Barry Allen; New 'Justice League' Still Released

David Ayer Teases 'Gotham City Sirens' Storyline

Survival Is Key In Trailer For Sony's 'Alpha'

'Shazam!' Reportedly To Begin Filming Early 2018; A 2019 Release Likely

See How Wonder Woman Was Crafted In 'Professor Marston & The Wonder Women' Trailer