Paul Rudd Teases ANT-MAN's Future In The Marvel Cinematic Universe And More


In the following interview, Paul Rudd expresses his enthusiasm to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Ant-Man, discussing getting into shape to play Scott Lang, his love of Marvel Studios and "mad scientist" Kevin Feige, and how he feels about the movie's chances of success.

Rudd also addresses the mixed response to the first trailer, making it clear that Ant-Man isn't an out and out comedy, but explaining that it's going to be a funny movie. He then goes on to talk in detail about how Edgar Wright's departure may have been because Marvel wanted to make Ant-Man a greater part of the MCU - rather than a standalone movie - and reveals that he expects to see the character turn up elsewhere because he's actually spoken to the studio about exactly that.

ComicBook.com got the chance to put the question directly to Rudd at 2015 CinemaCon.
ComicBook.com: Do you know if you’ll be showing up in Civil War as Ant-Man? 
Paul Rudd: Um….I don’t know.
ComicBook.com: What about Avengers? Any idea when you’ll show up again?
Paul Rudd: That’s really up to the top brass. I’m really trying to make my case for it.
How was the suit?
Paul Rudd: The suit was great. It’s impossible not to put on that kind of suit and feel a little heroic. Little being the operative term I guess in this one. But it looked really cool, and it was exciting. I remember the first time I got to try it on, I went through several fittings. This is a really good one to. There’s lots of suits, but this one’s really good.
Did you get to keep it?
Paul Rudd: No, although that’s another thing I’ve been asking about. I don’t. They’re pretty tight on that kind of thing.
Can you explain the tone of your movie?
Paul Rudd: Tone is often created in the editing room, and that’s where it’s at right now, so I’m curious myself. I haven’t seen it. As far as the script, as far as what I think we were all thinking about, it really kind of runs the gamut. I think it’s funny, but I don’t think it’s an out and out comedy. It’s got a lot of action. It’s got heart and character and relationships that I hope people get emotionally invested in. And it’s a…I think a really fun story, so I’m very excited about it. And I’ll be excited to see it to, because there are effects that I have no idea what they’re going to look like.

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world. Directed by Peyton Reed, Ant-Man stars Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Corey Stoll, Evangeline Lilly, David Dastmalchian, Michael Pena, Bobby Cannavale, Abby Ryder Fortson, Judy Greer, Wood Harris John Slattery and Gregg Turkington with multi-hyphenate T.I., and the film opens July 17, 2015

The Avengers: Age of Ultron will be in theaters May 1, 2015; Ant-Man on July 17, 2015; Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016; Doctor Strange – November 4, 2016; Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017; Spider-Man reboot – July 28, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018; Black Panther - July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel – November 2, 2018; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 3, 2019; Inhumans – July 12, 2019.

Popular posts from this blog

Ezra Miller Talks Barry Allen; New 'Justice League' Still Released

David Ayer Teases 'Gotham City Sirens' Storyline

Survival Is Key In Trailer For Sony's 'Alpha'

'Shazam!' Reportedly To Begin Filming Early 2018; A 2019 Release Likely

See How Wonder Woman Was Crafted In 'Professor Marston & The Wonder Women' Trailer