Ava DuVernay Has Passed BLACK PANTHER


Selma director Ava DuVernay has passed on directing Marvel's Black Panther. She met with Marvel like it's been previously reported, considered it, and passed.

She tells Essence magazine the following:
“I guess I’ll declare my independence from this rumor on 4th of July weekend and Essence weekend!”

Looks like the way Marvel works with directors wasn't for her,
“I’m not signing on to direct Black Panther,” she added. “I think I’ll just say we had different ideas about what the story would be. Marvel has a certain way of doing things and I think they’re fantastic and a lot of people love what they do. I loved that they reached out to me.”

Ava also added that her and Marvel didn't see eye to eye on the story,
“I loved meeting Chadwick and writers and all the Marvel execs,” said DuVernay. “In the end, it comes down to story and perspective. And we just didn’t see eye to eye. Better for me to realize that now than cite creative differences later.”

She still fully supports the project.
“I love the character of Black Panther, the nation of Wakanda and all that that could be visually. I wish them well and will be first in line to see it.”

Ant-Man will be in theaters July 17, 2015; Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016; Doctor Strange – November 4, 2016; Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017; Spider-Man reboot – July 28, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018; Black Panther - July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel – November 2, 2018; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 3, 2019; Inhumans – July 12, 2019.

Source: Essence

Popular posts from this blog

David Ayer Teases 'Gotham City Sirens' Storyline

Warner Bros. Releases Comic-Con Trailer For Zack Snyder's 'Justice League'

See Will Smith & Orcs Battling It Out In New 'Bright' Trailer

Doctor Doom Film Being Developed By Noah Hawley For Fox

Immerse Yourself In The World Of OASIS In 'Ready Player One' SDCC Teaser