Karen Fukuhara On Playing Katana For Suicide Squad


Much like any samurai warrior, Katana, is in the shadows at least in the trailers for Suicide Squad. But besides that she is played by the beautiful actress, Karen Fukuhara, who had a chat with Playboy recently about her character.

“As a first-generation Japanese American, I’ve always wanted to play a samurai warrior like my Suicide Squad character, Katana. Samurai are almost always male, so growing up in America I had a hard time figuring out role models," Karen explained.


"Katana and I may not have the same personality, but coming from the same cultural upbringing, we share core values. In Japanese culture there’s this idea of putting others before yourself, but I’ve also never wanted to let myself down. Someone recently told me how refreshing it is to see an Asian woman as a superhero. That stuck with me. Stand up for yourself and what you love.”

See Karen and the rest of the Skwad in cinemas August 5th.

Source: Playboy

Popular posts from this blog

Here's What Zack Snyder Has Been Doing After Leaving 'Justice League'

Gal Gadot To Join Up With Bradley Cooper In 'Deeper'

'Tomb Raider' Trailers Gives Us Our First Look At Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft In-Motion

HIGH-RES GALLERY: 'Wonder Woman' Stills & Posters

FAN STUFF SUNDAY #10: Wonder Woman Trailer, White Canary Rises, Anarchy Arrow, and More!