Kevin Smith Talks Justice League, Wonder Woman, And David Ayer

Renowned nerd and lover of DC and Marvel, Kevin Smith had an interview with Canoe, where he talked about a few things, most notably DC Films' upcoming ventures Justice League, Wonder Woman, and spoke about David Ayer.

On Justice League:
“The audience that pays to see these things are like, ‘There’s a certain set of standards that we want when we come see these superhero movies, and, yes, most of those standards have been set for us by Marvel… regardless, this is what we want in our superhero movies. We don’t want doom and gloom. We want them to like each other. We want them to have an interplay.’

“It looks like (Warner Bros. and DC Comics) heard that loud and clear and everything that was missing or perceived to be missing from Batman v Superman seems like it’s in full display on Justice League, so I’m on board. I was already on board, but I’m very happy to see that they’re taking that direction.”


Fuelled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Justice League is directed by Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash, Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Ray Fisher as Victor Stone/Cyborg, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon, Amber Heard as Mera, and Willem Dafoe as Vulko,

Justice League hits theatres November 17, 2017
On Wonder Woman and the film's setting:
“That’s a movie that, again, I was duty-bound to see, like a good soldier. I’d be there to see it on opening day, and I like (director) Patty Jenkins because I love Monster. I heard World War I; I’m like, ‘World War I? No, man, World War II. Go after Hitler, motherf----r.’ Then they show us a trailer of World War I, and suddenly you get the distinct impression they know what they’re doing.

“Suddenly, they’ve got a shot of no man’s land. The literal no man’s land. Dude’s covered in head to toe soldiers and a woman, bare legs, climbing a ladder and holding a shield against artillery fire. It was absolutely breath-taking. It made me, for maybe the eighth time this month, go, ‘God, I wish I was a woman.’”



Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

Wonder Woman stars Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Robin Wright as General Antiope, Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta, Lucy Davis as Etta Candy, David Thewlis, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Ewen Bremner and Saïd Taghmaoui. The film is directed by Patty Jenkins and written by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg.

Wonder Woman is slated for release on June 2, 2017
On Suicide Squad's responses and Ayer:
“When I saw the movie, I said, ‘Boy, I can see people not liking this.’ I didn’t read all the criticism but I certainly got the gist that people are like, ‘This ain’t for me.’

“I can understand it that way, but this is in my genes. I was reading (John) Ostrander and (Kim) Yale’s Suicide Squad from the moment it hit the stands. My daughter’s named Harley Quinn. I’m half in the bag for this stuff already and I love David Ayer. I thought he did a great job.”

Suicide Squad is in cinemas now.

Wonder Woman is slated for release on June 2, 2017; followed by Justice League on November 17, 2017; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; an untitled DC Film on October 5, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League 2 on June 14, 2019; an untitled DC film on November 1, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020. The Flash, Harley Quinn spinoff, a Man of Steel sequel, and a Batman solo movie are currently without release dates.

Source: Canoe

Popular posts from this blog

Check Out Over 60 'Wonder Woman' Stills Featuring Gal Gadot, Patty Jenkins, And More

'The Mummy' Trailer Introduces Us To Princess Amunet

Check Out Tom Holland And Co. In High-Res 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Stills

Universal Pictures Announces 'Dark Universe'; Dates 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Film

Final 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Trailers & Posters Released