Disney And Pixar Announce New Dates For 'The Incredibles 2' And 'Toy Story 4'

Disney and Pixar have shuffled some dates for two notable upcoming films of theirs and have now announced them. The Incredibles 2 will come out June 15, 2018 and Toy Story 4 will come out June 21, 2019.

The Incredibles 2 will of course be a sequel to the 2004 film, The Incredibles, which was written by and directed by Oscar-Winning director Brad Bird, who will return in those roles again for the sequel. The original gained $633 million globally in its box office with fans wanting another film. I suppose as the old saying goes, "better late than never!"

“It’ll be more 'Incredibles.' I’m not going to give up anything! I come down on the side of surprise,” said Brad Bird in regards to the sequel.

For Toy Story 4 it will be the fourth instalment of the Toy Story franchise, that will be directed by John Lasseter and Josh Cooley and written by Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich, who all have had a hand in making the adored franchise.

“We love these characters so much; they are like family to us,” said Lasseter. “We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. 'Toy Story 3' ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.”

So soon it will feel nostalgic for some, me included, others a new chapter of loving Pixar films!

Source: Pixar

Popular posts from this blog

HIGH-RES GALLERY: 'Wonder Woman' Stills & Posters

Check Out Over Forty 'Blade Runner 2049' Stills Just In Time For Its Release

A Short Goodbye...

Jason Momoa's 'Canvas Of My Life' Documentary Released; Includes 'Justice League' Moments