Doug Liman Wishes To Make 'Justice League Dark' Different From Other Comic-Book Films

Doug Liman, director of films like Bourne Identity, Edge of Tomorrow, and others will be tackling DC Films' Justice League Dark and he wants to make it unique from all comic-book films.

Speaking to IGN Liman talked about how excited he is for the project saying, "yeah, I mean first of all, I love those characters, and I love Warner Bros., and I love [producer] Scott Rudin, and it’s -- and you know, I get asked to come in and do things that are “unconventional.” If people want conventional, they don’t come to me. It’s why doing Invisible was like right up my alley -- because how can you be conventional when there aren’t even conventions that exist? And so you know when Warner Bros. wants to sort of turn the comic book genre on its head, they call me."

So it appears that he wants to make something no one else has, this I appreciate, making something that's different from the rest. He further explained his process, "I do treat every project as a form of a film school, “OK I haven’t done that genre and how am I going to do it and how am I going to do it in a way that no one’s done it before,” so that’s, you know, I haven’t done a comic book film, and that’s -- am I going to do it in a new way that’s unlike what anyone else has ever done, and come up with a couple of rules for myself of what we’re not going to do that other people do."

Justice League Dark has no immediate release date but will be directed by Doug Liman.

Wonder Woman is slated for release on June 2, 2017; followed by Justice League on November 17, 2017; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; an untitled DC Film on October 5, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League 2 on June 14, 2019; an untitled DC film on November 1, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020. The Flash, Harley Quinn spinoff, a Man of Steel sequel, The Batman, and a Justice League Dark film are currently without release dates.

Source: IGN

Popular posts from this blog

Check Out Over 60 'Wonder Woman' Stills Featuring Gal Gadot, Patty Jenkins, And More

'The Mummy' Trailer Introduces Us To Princess Amunet

Final 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Trailers & Posters Released

HIGH-RES GALLERY: 'Wonder Woman' Stills & Posters

Check Out Tom Holland And Co. In High-Res 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Stills