Nicole Kidman Confirms 'Aquaman' Role; Talks Up James Wan

For a while now it has only been reported by reputable outlets that Nicole Kidman was to be in the James Wan-directed Aquaman film, as one of the main roles - Atlanna, Aquaman's Atlantean mother. But now the Australian actress has confirmed the role while also telling her reasons why she joined the film.

“The reason why I love [Aquaman] is James Wan is an Australian, and I’ve followed his career since he started. He’s a really good friend of mine, and he offered to let me play Queen Atlanna,” she said. “As soon as he said I could wear mother-of-pearl and be a mermaid warrior, I said I’m done. Please. If there is one thing I have to do in my life, I have to be that. [Laughs] Because, you’ve got to have some fun.

“The truth of it is I love auteurs and I love philosophical filmmakers. That’s why I love that Big Little Lies got made. That’s why I’ve gone back to a very subversive film with The Killing of a Sacred Deer. I like the high-wire act of it. I believe in not towing the line. Conformity is what I run from.”

Aquaman will directed by James Wan from a script written by Wan, Will Beall, and DC Films co-head Geoff Johns, and will star Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry aka Aquaman, Amber Heard as Mera, Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko, Patrick Wilson as Orm, Yahya Abdul-Manteen II as Black Manta, with Nicole Kidman as Atlanna and Temuera Morrison as Thomas Curry. It is expected to release December 21, 2018.

Source: EW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIGH-RES GALLERY: 'Wonder Woman' Stills & Posters

A Short Goodbye...

Check Out Over Forty 'Blade Runner 2049' Stills Just In Time For Its Release

Jason Momoa's 'Canvas Of My Life' Documentary Released; Includes 'Justice League' Moments